Interested in helping build our Portland presence and growing even faster a company in the cloud space? Want to leverage your experiences to try your hand at true Agile Marketing? Partner with market-leaders Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google cloud to help our joint customers innovate faster in the cloud and turn chaos into clarity? That is what this role is all about.
In this Content Marketing role, you’ll impact the top of the funnel by building and managing a rich set of content that attracts a qualified audience and help create scalable growth in our online and offline marketing channels. We are looking for a prolific and talented content strategist, creator, and manager to manage and create content for our website, produce various types of premium downloadable content and blogs posts, and amplify and promote our efforts through social media. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, an editorial mindset, and project management skills. You should have a solid understanding of inbound marketing, social media, digital media and other means of creating compelling content that stands out from the crowd. An understanding of content strategy, and creating content for the customer journey, is helpful.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the content roadmap and editorial plan, from our blog and resource center to virtual webinars and premium content.
- Create free resources to drive leads & educate customers (examples include eBooks, whitepapers, infographics, case studies, blog posts, etc). You will be responsible for writing some, as well as managing and editing content from internal and third-party writers.
- Manage the CloudCheckr marketing website, creating and sourcing content that is informative, useful, consistent, and relevant. You will act as the team liaison with a third-party agency to drive website improvements, as well as new projects, to help us present the best possible digital front for our brand.
- Collaborate with account managers and customers to highlight and amplify success stories through co-created content such as case studies and webinars.
- Own premium content strategy, acquisition or creation, and distribution, such as industry analyst research or custom thought-leadership pieces.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contributors—design, sales, support, engineering—and 3rd party resources to produce relevant content that meets the needs of key stakeholders and our target audience.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience.
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge such as blogs, syndication, Slideshare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Ability to align content plan with dynamic audience preferences and with the organization’s strategic objectives is paramount.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in search engine optimization, information architecture, lead generation and social media marketing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with copywriting and managing 3rd party writers with a strong attention to detail.
- Project management and organizational skills are needed to succeed along with ability to manage multiple projects, people and deadlines.
- Past experience on the WordPress.org content management system (CMS).
- Ideally you have experience working in a fast paced technology start-up environment. Bonus points if you have experience in the cloud!
- Monster work ethic. As an early stage startup, we’re still working hard to put ourselves on the map. But don’t worry because work/life balance here is just as important to all of us.
- Fun and upbeat personality with a passion for learning and building something that lasts.
- We love results, so be ready to share results from your previous positions!
We offer a competitive salary and health benefits package for all staff. We go beyond the typical in our commitment to our staff’s health, well-being, and happiness by also offering Discretionary Time Off (no limits or banks for sick and vacation), opportunities for milestone achievement bonuses, abundant professional development and growth opportunities and resources, team-building and bonding trips and activities, periodic catered lunch, and other surprise perks throughout each month.