Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for a professional and experienced technical support engineer to join our growing support team. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-experienced person to join an industry leader in cloud management. Our high-energy team works with cutting edge technologies to provide data analysis for cloud based deployments. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment to solve complex business issues, then we want to meet you.
This position is based in Northern Virginia/DC area. Candidates outside of this area will not be considered.
CloudCheckr was born in 2011 through the idea that others needed help securely deploying cloud infrastructures. Over the next 5 years our product grew to an enterprise SaaS offering that drives cloud decisions for hundreds of companies that wish to control costs, track inventory and utilization, and automate best practices in their cloud environments. Our product is used by well-known companies such as NASA, Vimeo, and Intel.
About the Opportunity
Along with a small team, you will be responsible for providing both email and phone support to internal and external CloudCheckr customers.
This is a full-time position working for CloudCheckr, Inc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responding to customer inquiries via email and phone
- Researching, diagnosing, and troubleshooting complex issues and questions
- Identifying solutions to solve customer issues
- Providing training to customers when required
- Providing prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Logging clear, detailed bug reports and feature requests
- Working effectively with multiple internal departments
To be successful in this role you must be:
- Able to quickly grasp complex technical concepts
- A self-starter who is willing to see tasks through to completion
- Able to work effectively and be pragmatic as part of a team in a dynamic business environment
- Able to communicate effectively
- Comfortable working independently and able to escalate problems when necessary
- Eager to learn, understand, and apply new things relatively quickly
Qualified Candidates should:
- Have at least one year experience in enterprise technical support, IT Support or as a technical engineer
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Be enthusiastic about learning difficult and new concepts
- Be highly motivated and self-directed personality
- Be comfortable speaking directly to customers
- Excel at written and verbal communication
It would really be outstanding if you:
- Have basic knowledge of well-known cloud service providers, such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Have basic SQL knowledge
- Have experience creating and maintaining technical documentation
As an employer of choice, we will provide:
- Competitive benefits, including a 401k with employer matching
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing product adopted by hundreds of high profile companies
- Voted D&C Top 100 Rochester Workplaces 2017
Job Type: Full-time