Last updated: November 11, 2021
Navigating this Page:
- Personal Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Sharing Your Information
- Keeping Your Information
- Seeing Advertisements for cloudcheckr.com Online
- Links to Other Sites
- Children’s Privacy
- Additional Information for Certain Jurisdictions
- Customers in the EU
- Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Information You Directly Provide Us
We collect any information you give us in relation to our products (the “Services”). This includes information you provide when you:
- create or administer your CloudCheckr account;
- register for a CloudCheckr event or webinar;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; or
- complete a form, questionnaire, support ticket, or other information request form.
The types of information you may supply us with include:
- information about your cloud service provider account, such as the name of the account holder, company name, username, access keys and passwords;
- your name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other contact information;
corporate and financial information;
- payment information, including credit card and bank information;
information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization
We collect information from you automatically as you navigate through and interact with our website and Services, download content from us, open emails or click on links in emails from us, or interact and communicate with us. The types of information we automatically collect include:
- Network and connection information, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Your browser type and browser version;
- The pages of our website or Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, and time spent on different pages;
- The location of your device or computer;
- Content interaction information, such as content downloads;
- Identifiers and information contained in cookies
Information from Other Sources
We may collect information from third parties, like our business partners. The types of information we may collect include:
- Marketing and sales generation information, including your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Present our website and its contents to you
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Help with internal functions such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve the Services;
- Send you notices about important changes to our terms of service and policies;
- Market and promote our Services;
- Ensure an optimal customer experience;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Let you know about special offers, our latest products, and upcoming events. We may do this via email, if you’ve said we can. Remember, you can always opt out of being on our mailing list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in our emails.
Sharing Your Information
We are not in the business of selling your information to third parties. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is essential for us to do that.
However, we may share your information with:
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies and advertising partners, as an essential part of being able to provide the Services to you;
- Third parties whose services you purchase through our Services. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share information related to those transactions with that third party;
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CloudCheckr, our customers, or others.
Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
- Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our website
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Do Not Track Signals. We don’t support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
- Disabling Cookies. You can set your browser to not accept cookies. However, as our application relies on cookies for proper operation, disabling cookies may create a poor experience.
Keeping Your Information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you’re using the Services, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our support team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep some of your information as required, even after you have terminated your use of the Services or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Seeing Advertisements for cloudcheckr.com Online
We engage in online advertising to let you know what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target CloudCheckr banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges such as Google Analytics and Google Adwords, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services are not intended to be used by those under the age of 16.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we’ll take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Additional Information for Certain Jurisdictions
Customers in the EU. EU citizens may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see “Customers in the EU” below.
Customers in California. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see the CloudCheckr Privacy Notice for California Residents, available here.
Customers in the EU
Controller of Personal Data. CloudCheckr Inc., located at 342 N Goodman Street, Rochester, NY 14607, is the data controller responsible for your personal data.
Personal data definition. CloudCheckr Inc. defines personal data as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. CloudCheckr collects a limited set of information which falls under GDPR including but not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- IP address
- Phone number
- Physical address
- Other contact information
Processing. We process your personal data on one or more of the following legal bases:
- as necessary to enter into a contract with you or a legal entity you represent, to perform our contractual obligations, to provide our Services, to respond to requests from you, or to provide customer support;
- as necessary to comply with relevant law and legal obligations, including to
- respond to lawful requests and orders; or
- with your consent.
Data Transfer: We provide our Services from the US. That means that we may transfer your data from the EU to the US. We protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information about these is available here http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087.
If you’re located in the EU, you have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
The right to be informed – You have the right to the right to be provided with certain pieces of information that describe their relationship with the controller.
The right of access – You have the right to know about the personal data CloudCheckr holds about you and, more specifically, why and how we hold the data..
The right to erasure — You have the right to request that CloudCheck erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that CloudCheckr restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to CloudCheckr’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that CloudCheckr transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The right to complain to your Data Protection Authority (DPA) – European citizens have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.